Do you own more than one Apple device? iPhone, iPad, and Mac are some of the most commonly used iOS devices developed by Apple. And nowadays, we all use more than just one device. All of the iOS devices include a lot of amazing features that claim to provide the best ever experience to all of their users. The company also provides some great apps that any iOS device user can get for their device from the App Store. iPhones and iPads are well known for excellent camera quality, along with amazing editing features. And in addition to that, any iPhone or iPad user can also use third-party video editing software for editing any video files on their devices. For instance, one can use video editing software called iMovie for editing videos on their Apple device. iMovie is a great app that includes various editing tools, and it has an easy-to-use interface.
Apple has provided this editing tool for both iOS and macOS. And editing videos on an iPhone or iPad using this video editing software is quite easy and straightforward. But, if you want more in-depth edits to your iMovie projects, you can transfer them from your iPhone to your Mac. Do you also use an iPhone along with a Mac device? Want to see how you can transfer iMovie projects from your iPhone to your Mac? If yes, then please go through this complete step-by-step guide in order to get the method.
The Procedure to Move iMovie Project from iPhone to Mac
Any iPhone or iPad user can quickly move their iMovie projects from their iPhone to their Mac device. If you don’t know how to do so, you can follow the procedure that we are going to mention here. The process will be easy to follow and includes some simple instructions. So, let’s take a look at the mentioned technique:
The Instructions to Move an iMovie Project from an iPhone/iPad to Mac
Please follow the mentioned steps to get started with the process of moving an iMovie project from an iPhone or iPad to a Mac:
- First of all, you will have to launch the iMovie app on your iPhone or iPad.
- After launching the app, go to the “Projects” tab and then choose the project that you would like to transfer to your Mac.
- And now, go to the bottom of the screen where you will see a “Share” button. You will have to tap on it to reveal the share sheet.
- After getting to the Share sheet, you will receive a few different options from which you can choose any to transfer your iMovie project to your Mac. You can choose to send your project to iCloud Drive, and then you can open it on your Mac by signing in to your account. You can also send the project using iTunes. Or you can do so using the AirDrop functionality. And here, we will discuss the further procedure using the last option, i.e., sending the file using AirDrop.
- And now, you might have to wait for a few minutes until your Mac shows up under the AirDrop menu on the share sheet.
- And once your Mac shows up under the AirDrop menu, tap on its icon to proceed further. And after this, the file will be moved to your Mac device within a few minutes. And that’s it.
So, that is how any Apple device user will be able to transfer their iMovie projects from their iPhone or iPad to their Mac device. Try the procedure, and to know more about any iOS device features, please navigate to our official website now.